Snow Leopard is an upgraded version of Mac OS X 10.5, which is actually studded with advance features and utilities. But the Snow Leopard is not free from the data loss situation. It may also go corrupt due to many reasons and data recovery for Snow Leopard becomes necessary. If you delete the important files of snow leopard accidentally then there is the chance of data loss which makes data recovery for snow leopard essential. Other reasons for data loss is as follows:
- Emptying Trash Bin: Whatever you erase from the files or folders that means you are transferring it to Trash Bin. But unfortunately some Snow Leopard user delete the files even from Trash Bin also and then go panic later. Data deleted from Trash Bin is a severe loss.
- Catalog File Corruption: Catalog files store important files and directories details of Mac volume. If it goes corrupt then there occurs loss of data.
- Formatting: If you format the volumes of Snow Leopard at the time of upgrading or installation then data loss occurs because formatting completely deletes the selected files or folders.
- Virus Attack: If the attack by the virus takes place then many files either go damaged or deleted.
- Other Causes: Sudden power surge and shutting down of system while the file transfer is in the process causes data to be lost.
If you have back up then you may restore it back but in case you have not any back up then make use of Mac data recovery software to retrieve the data back.