Do you want to format external HD for Mac? Sometimes while using external hard drive on Mac users stuck into the scenario where storage drive needs to be formatted for smooth performance. There are several reasons due to which formatting is required for Mac external disk drive such as virus infection, storage of huge amount of junk data, performance issue and many more. However, there is no need to worry as you can format external HD for mac by following the listed bellow steps.
- Connect the external drive to your Mac which needs to formatted.
- Start Disk Utility, and locate the name of the drive from left side of Disk Utility.
- Now simply click on the “Erase” button from top menu.
- Click on the contextual menu and choose “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”.
- Click the Erase tab to confirm the formatting procedure.
Using the above mentioned steps you can easily format external HD for Mac. However, formatting will wipe out the every bit of data stored on that particular drive and hence you should backup all vital data before formatting your external Mac hard drive. Well, you can also take the help of third party Mac Data Recovery Software in order to restore data from formatted hard drive on Mac. Therefore, it is recommended to format external HD for Mac without any further waiting.