Are you facing a cumbersome situation where Lion Disc Utility won't repair permissions? Then, you might be in big trouble, go through this post to rectify this issue safely and without any trouble. In latest versions of Mac OS( Lion), repairing permissions from the Disk Utility application does not repair the users file permissions, strangely users have to perform this individually on a per-user basis. If you are encountrering some kind of issues with Spotlight not finding documents or folders which can generally be fixed with a permissions repair. However, there have been reports that Lion Disc Utility won't repair permissions. Well, you can try few troubleshooting tips to resolve this issue. In the latest versions of OS X, there is an added Repair Permissions App utility hidden.
This tool is located inside boot Repair Utilities.
1. Restart OS X and hold down the Command and R keys.
2. You will boot into the Repair Utilities screen. On top, in the Menu Bar click the Utilities item then select Terminal.
3. In the Terminal window, type resetpassword and hit Return.
4. The Password reset utility opens, however don'nt reset the password. Instead, click on the icon for your Mac’s hard drive at the top. From the drop-down below it, select the user account where you are having issues.
5. At the bottom of the window, you will see an area mentioned as Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the Reset button there.
If you still get, Lion Disc Utility won't repair permissions error occurs for a longer period you can take help of powerful third party software .i.e Mac Data Recovery Software. This tool will effectively fix this issue.