Does your Mac fails to boot after updating Mac OS X? Then, its really a cumbersome situation for you. But, you don't have to be worried! As you are on the right most place now. So, without any further delay lets know about the methods that lead to fix the issue like Mac fails to boot after updating Mac OS X.
Steps to Be Followed to Fix the Problem
- Boot your PC in safe mode by pressing “Shift” key while your PC is restarting.
- Delete Caches/.plist files by searching in System/Library/Cache
- Also, try to delete
- Extensions.mkext (a file in /System/Library/)
- Extensions.kextcache (a file in /System/Library)
- com.apple.loginwindow.plist (a file in /Library/Preferences/)
- com.apple.ATS (a folder in /Library/Caches/)
- Files that start with com.apple.LaunchServices (in /Library/Caches)
- Now, restart your PC and if it performs the work properly or not. If, it fails then check the Startup application and remove all of them.
- Also, try to dismount all the external drivers
However, if the problem still persist, uninstall the updates or go for re-installation. But, doing so will erase all the saved file from your Mac system. Hence, to recover the lost Mac data files, there arises a need for Mac data recovery software.