If you are looking for solution to recover a failed internal Mac hard drive then fortunately you are reading the right post. No wonder Mac OS X is best operating system and in order to give best features to users Mac keeps updating its versions. In spite of so modification and inclusion of advanced technology data loss is quite common issues. Failing of Internal Mac Hard Drive is nightmare for Mac users but you don't need to be disappointed as Apple provides a built-in Mac backup application popularly known as ‘Time Machine’. It keeps updated and exact copy of files of Macintosh internal hard drives. But what next if you haven't setup Time Machine. No need no worry here we are discussing ways to recover a failed internal Mac hard drive:-
Fix the hard drive with FSCK command
Going through Non – GUI mode on Mac OS X, you can repair failed Macintosh HD. Follow the procedure:-
- First, make sure Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button to startup >> Then press hold Command and S button (i.e. Command + S).
- This step bring, Single User Mode using which you can repair the Mac hard drive as well as access all files from it.
- Now, Enter command line – /sbin/fsck – fy >> Press Return (Enter).
- It begins analyzing your Macintosh HD volume.
- It will return message after step completion as :- “The Volume (name) appears to be OK” (When Mac HD is healthy).
- Finally, when FSCK repairs the damaged volume it shows message “File System Was Modified”.
- You need to repeat the above steps until file system gets corrected
The above mentioned step are recommended to only those who are experienced. Even after going through above step situation continues to same then you are advised to make use of Mac Data Recovery Software to recover a failed internal Mac hard drive. The very recommended tool is easy to use, reliable ans secure. Moreover, you don't need to make great effort as it has simple interface. It work fast and recover you lose data from failed internal Mac hard drive in easy manner.