Being a Mac user you often make use of Time machine to create and store backup of your stored Mac data. But, what when it fails and shows Time machine error 109. It's really a cumbersome situation for any one of us. Generally, such sorts of problem come into play when people try to backup their Mac files via Internet or by using an utility Airport Extreme Base station with additional hard drive. Moreover, Time machine error 109 also emerges due to corruption in AESB files or time machine. Due to which users are no longer being able to access their created backup or the creation of backup files also gets stopped. Hence, to rescue the issue and to fix Time machine error 109, here given below some of the possible steps. Thus, follow them and get rid from backup problem.
- Shutdown your Mac system.
- Connect the backup drive to Mac system.
- Open the terminal and type CD/VOLUMES/BACKUP_DRIVE.
- Now, connect the sparse-bundle using disk management utility.
- Afterward, you need to check and fix file system using “fsck” command as fsck_hfs – rfy /dev/BACKUP_DRIVE.
However, if the problem still persists then opting for third party Mac data recovery software is the best option for you to fix Time machine error 109.