Are you willing to update your Mac to macOS Sierra? Looking for an effective guidance to update to macOS Sierra without losing data? Well, then go through the post and get detail steps to update macOS to Sierra..
macOS Sierra is the updated and the latest version of Mac comes with many impressive features. However, before updating to macOS Sierra you need to keep some important point in mind to prevent data loss. First check where your Mac device is available for macOS Sierra update or not. Here's the version of Mac available for up-gradation:-
2009 and later
2010 and later
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro
- Mac mini
- Mac Pro
If your devices is among the above Mac version, then you can update to macOS Sierra without losing data following below methods.
Step 2. Prepare Mac devices ready for macOS Sierra update
Before moving to latest OS X version you need to check out what you needs. Below are few mentioned:-
- Leave at least 2GB memory and 8.8 GB storage space on Mac.
- At least 45% battery necessary to be in your Mac.
- Connect Mac with Internet or WiFi.
- Update Mac Apps to latest versions.
- Backup all your personal data.
- Even create backups through Time Machine.
Step 3. Update macOS to Sierra
- Go to Mac App Store >> Search macOS Sierra.
- Click Download button for macOS Sierra.
- After the downloading process gets completed macOS Sierra installer will open automatically.
- Now Click Continue and follow instructions on your Mac device screen to complete installation.
- Keep patience while process is going on.
Hope you have successfully update to macOS Sierra without losing data but in case any error happens while processing or installation get stuck might you lose data. If you have followed IT rule and keep backup it no more worrying situation for you but in case you just ignored or forgotten to do backup make use of Mac Data Recovery Software best and ultimate solution to recover lost data after macOS Sierra upgradation.